The new 10″ notebook from HP in both mobile and office versions with a choice of operating system, a solid-state flash or mechanical hard drive and a choice of standard or high definition LED displays brings a splash of colour and range of choice to the netbook market later this summer.
For maximum utility you can opt for the HP Mini 110 XP with Windows XP Pro, a 160GB hard drive and a long lasting 6 cell LI-Ion battery.
For leisure and ultimate simplicity/portability go for the HP Mini 110 Mi with the Linux operating system, solid state hard drive and lightweight 3 cell battery pack.
The 10’1” LED screen offers the option of either a standard 1024 x 576 back-lit display or an upgrade option of 1366 x 768 widescreen with stunning high definition 1080p display quality. Standard features include a 5-in-1 card reader, 3 USB ports, integrated web-cam, microphone and stereo speakers, wireless LAN and the option of a Bluetooth dongle. The keyboard is 92% the size of that on a standard laptop so typing should be simple and precise, even when on the move.
Available in the US from mid-July and in the UK later this year the HP looks like a quality offering with the assurance and reliability that only a major computer brand can offer.
HP Mini 110 Mi and 110 XP Specifications
- Colours: Black, White or Pink Swirl
- Operating System: Windows XP Home, XP Pro, Vista or Linux
- Processor: Intel Atom N270 (533Mhz) or Atom N280 (667 Mhz)* Memory: 1GB
- Hard Drive: 16GB or 32 GB SSD Solid State Flash and conventional 160GB SATA Mechanical Drive
- Display: 10.1″ LED 1024 x 576 or Widescreen LED 1366 x 768* Battery: 3 Cell or 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- Connections: 3 x USB, RJ-45 and VGA video
- Audio: Integrated Stereo speakers
- Wireless Network Card: 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN
- Dimensions: 262mm x 167mm x 25mm
- Weight: 1.02 Kg
- Amazon – £305.09