The limited edition Karim Rashid EeePC 1008P netbook is a fashionable and original version of the best selling Eee PC 1008 sea-shell design netbook. Just like the regular 1008AH this version also has a 250GB Hard Drive, 1GB of memory and a class-leading battery performance of up to 6 hours.
Again, like the original, the Asus is very slim and lightweight and this design is sure to turn a few heads. The hot-pink case has shiny metallic finish which is described by some as like crocodile skin – although we’d say think of a pink crocodile made of metal and you’ll be nearer the mark.
If you don’t know who Karim Rashid is – he is an industrial designer who was born in Egypt and raised in Canada and now resides in New York. He is well known (in the industrial design world, at least) for designing objects from furniture to art and music installations; and has designed products for for brands including Samsung as well as luxury goods for Veuve Clicquot and Swarovski.
Karim Rashid Asus 1008P Netbook Features
- Limited edition design
- 10.1-inch Back-lit LED Display
- Comfortable ergonomic keypad and multi-touch mouse-pad
- Windows 7 Operating System
- Up to 6 Hours battery Life
- Display: 10.1 inch WSVGA (1024 x 600)
- Processor: Intel Atom N450 1.66 GHz
- WiFi: 802.11n
- Memory: 1 GB DDR2
- Storage: 250 Gb Hard Disc Drive with 500GB free on-line secure storage
- Webcam: 1.3 Mega Pixel
- Battery Life: Polymer, 2900mAh – 6 hours max
- Audio: Stereo speaker, Built-in microphone
- Net Weight: 1.1 Kg
- Dimensions: 262 mm x 178 mm x 26 mm
- Warranty: 1 year Collect and Return
The Karim Rashid Asus Eee PC Pink Netbook is available to buy in the UK from: